Meet other young lesbian, gay, bisexual and/or transgender people in a safe and friendly environment where everyone can be who they are, whatever this may be, without judgement or expectation.
For LGBT young people who are 12 to 18
- Wednesday: 1.00pm – 5.00 pm
- Friday: 12.30 pm to 4.30 pm
No need to make an appointment – just come on in!
Drop-in is a fairly relaxed and casual space where you can participate as little or as much as you like! Here you can find:
- Information and resources about coming out, identity, sexual health, relationships and parents
- Gay communtiy magazines (Q News and Queensland Pride)
- Information about LGBT communtiy events and other LGBT activities
- Computers with internet access
- Meals and food donated by the Metropolitian Community Church
- Meet new people and make friends
- Someone to talk to who understands sexuality and gender identity!
Open Doors welcomes outreach workers from other organisations who might be able to offer you additional information and support to visit Drop-In. We often have workers visit from
- PFLAG (Parent and Friends of Lesbian And Gays)
- Hot House (Alcohol and Drug Service, Youth Communtiy Team)
- Othila’s (Young Womens Housing and Support Service)
- Youth Connection (Brisbane Youth Service)
- 2 Spirits (Sexual Health)
This is also a great opportuntiy to find out what Open Doors can do to support you especially if you are:
- Homeless or have unstable accommodation
- Having problems at home
- Having problems at school
- Need help applying for Centrelink
- looking for a job or wanting to get some training
For more information about what support we can give you, please look at our Reconnect Program information
If you are 18 to 24 – Young and Proud is the group for you!
If you are transgender or gender queer – you might also be interested in coming along to Jellybeans!