Meet other young lesbian, gay, bisexual and/or transgender people in a safe and friendly environment where everyone can be who they are, whatever this may be, without judgement or expectation.
For LGBT young people who are 12 to 17
- Wednesday: 3.00pm – 6.00 pm
Young people must attend a separate Intake appointment prior to coming along to the social space. Please contact one of our friendly workers to organise this appointment.
Drop-in is a fairly relaxed and casual space where you can participate as little or as much as you like! Here you can find:
- Information and resources about coming out, identity, sexual health, relationships and parents
- Gay community magazines (Q News and Queensland Pride)
- Learning life skills.
- Information about LGBT communtiy events and other LGBT activities
- Computers with internet access
- Meals and food donated by the Metropolitian Community Church & Dikes on Bikes.
- Meet new people and make friends
- Someone to talk to who understands sexuality and gender identity!
- Create community
Open Doors welcomes outreach workers from other organisations who might be able to offer you additional information and support to visit Drop-In. We often have workers visit from:
- PFLAG (Parent and Friends of Lesbian And Gays)
- Hot House (Alcohol and Drug Service, Youth Community Team)
- Youth Connection (Brisbane Youth Service)
- 2 Spirits (Sexual Health)
This is also a great opportunity to find out what Open Doors can do to support you especially if you are:
- Homeless or have unstable accommodation
- Having problems at home
- Having problems at school
- Need help applying for Centrelink
- looking for a job or wanting to get some training
For more information about what support we can give you, please look at our Reconnect Program information
If you are 18 to 24 – Young and Proud is the group for you!
If you are transgender or gender queer – you might also be interested in coming along to Jellybeans!