Expressions of Interest
Board, Sub Committee and Advisory Panel Members
Open Doors Youth Service is Queensland’s leading youth homelessness and support service enriching the lives of young people with diverse genders, sex, sexualities, and bodies. We support high risk and at-risk young people in developmentally and culturally appropriate ways to provide individual, group-based, and family support to enhance connections to family, culture, and community.
Open Doors Youth Service Inc. is seeking expressions of interest from the community to join as a volunteer across our Board, Sub-Committees and Advisory Panels. The Board is seeking volunteers with experience across a range of professions and experience, including:
- Experience in clinical service management (youth social work, alcohol and other drugs and mental health fields preferred)
- Training Services Management
- Finance Management (CPA/CFA)
- Legal advisory and expertise
- General corporate governance experience
- Marketing and communications
- Not for profit fundraising, branding and stakeholder management
ODYS recognises the importance of diversity and representation within our team, our leadership and governance roles. Members of the LGBTIQ+ and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
We value the unique and individual contributions each volunteer brings to the organisation. There are different levels of time commitment we ask of our volunteers, from participation in monthly meetings, to adhoc project-based support, aligned with delivering our Strategy. Further guidance is detailed in the EOI application.
Following submission of an EOI a board member will reach out to discuss your interest further.