The team at Open Doors Youth Service believe in visibility and connection to community. As a team of seven Youth Workers, we are often scattered across South East Queensland on any given day to represent our service and provide support and resources for the LGBTIQAP+ young people in our community.
Some of the community engagement work we do includes (but is not limited to)
– Stalls at school wellness expo’s/events
– Stalls at community events
– Guest presentations and speaking at events
– Collaborating with other community services/schools etc to provide a service/event
– Hosting many of our own events throughout the year (Keep an eye on Facebook!)
– Providing training and education to services (for a fee)
– Attending forums, focus groups and supporting community
If you would like the Open Doors team or young people at one of your events, would like some more information or would like to collaborate – please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the details or giving us a call on 07 32577660.
Whilst we aim to try get to everything we’re invited to, we do however have to decline some invitations due to limited capacity being a small team. We appreciate your patience and understanding and as we grow, we hope to be able to have an even larger presence in community where possible.