What do our Groups look like?
Groups at Open Doors are a relaxed and casual space where you can participate in many things across the different groups. During groups you can access:
- Information and resources about coming out, identity, sexual health, healthy relationships and much more
- The opportunity to participate in many workshops during the groups
- Learn new life skills
- Information about LGBTIQAP+ community events
- Our clothing, food and toiletries donations
- Meet new people and make friends
- Someone to talk to who understands sexuality, sex and gender identity
- A community where you can build a support network
- Guest Speakers and Panels
- Outings in the community including but definitely not limited to – movies, mini golf, laser tag, bowling, art galleries, arcades and local events
- Giveaways, prizes, competitions and much more!
- Drop In – Fortnightly on a Wednesday afternoon at Open Doors for 12-17 years old in the rainbow community.
- Young and Proud – 2nd and 4th Friday of the month at Open Doors or in the Community for 18-24 years old in the rainbow community.
- Jellybeans – 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month at Open Doors or in the community for 12-24 years old who identify as transgender, gender diverse, gender queer, gender non-conforming or gender questioning.
- Art Group – 2nd and 4th Friday of the month at Open Doors for 12-24 years old in the rainbow community.
- Workshops include Music Workshop, Cooking Workshop, Job-Ready Workshop – check out this month’s Group Schedule to see what we’re offering this month!
- Yarning Circle – the last Tuesday of each month for 12-24 years old Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Young People in the rainbow community.
- Open Doors collaborates with other LGBTIQAP+ groups in Youth Spaces around South East Queensland – check out our Group Schedule!
Monthly Group Schedule
Please check the Social Group Schedule page for the monthly group schedule for workshops, events and groups run AT or IN COLLABORATION with Open Doors Youth Service.
Please note that these may change due to staffing or unforeseen circumstances – feel free to call the office to double check if there have been changes.
To attend groups, all young people are required to complete an INTAKE prior. Please call us on 07 32577660 to arrange a time to meet with a Youth Worker.
Please find flyers attached for further information on any groups mentioned in the timetable. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
Jellybeans @ Open Doors Youth Service
Bribie Island LGBTIQAP+ Sistergirl & Brotherboy Support Group @ Bribie Island Library
Area40 LGBTIQ+ Youth Group @ Clarence Street